Five For...Thrifty Kid-Friendly Pork & Veggie Rice



This recipe uses almost exclusively left-overs, takes about 20 minutes to make and is kid-tested.
What more could a mama want?

On Sunday, my hubby made some delicious roasted pork chops with even more delicious pan-gravy. We had a few extra chops left-over so I made this for lunch for myself and the kids today. It is essentially a stir-fry recipe and really couldn't be easier to make. You can adjust the quantities to your liking.

Ingredients:
  • Roasted pork chops (I used 2 1/2 for this recipe)
  • Mixed veggies (I used half a bag of ready-cut stir-fry veggies that I had left from a previous meal)
  • Boiled rice (1 cup)
  • 1/2 cup stock (I used the pan-gravy that my huband made with the roasted chops)
  • soy sauce (to taste)
  • salt & pepper (to taste)
  • 1 tbsp oil




Method:
  1. Shred the pork chops in a food processor (You can dice or thinly slice them if you want to, I chose to shred to make it easier for my young kids to eat)
  2.  Heat oil in wok or large frying pan
  3. Stir fry the veggies until just soft
  4. Add the pork and stock
  5. Fry for 2 minutes to warm through
  6. Add the rice and soy sauce
  7. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes, making sure to keep stirring all the time so the rice doesn't stick to the pan
  8. Salt and pepper to taste
  9. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment